1. What is e-Banking?
2. What can I do with e-Banking?
3. Is any of my personal information stored in the e-Banking
4. When do I have access to use e-Banking?
5. Can I look at all of my transactions at any time?
6. How frequently is my information updated?
7. What accounts will I be able to access through e-Banking?
8. How much account information can I view at once?
9. What is required to use the e-Banking service?
10. Can I create my own password that is easy for me to remember?
11. What happens if I forget or lose my password?
12. How will I access e-Banking service?
13. Is there any charge for this service?
14. What do you mean that the transactions are "Real-Time"?
15. How safe are my requests/transactions on e-Banking?
16. What kind of hardware and software are recommended for
using e-Banking more efficiently?
17. What kind of hardware and software
is recommended for using e-Banking more efficiently?
What is e-Banking?
e-Banking is a tool that allows you to use a personal computer with an
Internet connection to conduct your banking online.
2. What can I do with e-Banking?
You can view account balances, transaction statements, transfer money
between your own accounts in the bank, and pay your utility bills and
much more. Check out our Features of e-Banking to personalize your online
3. Is any of my personal information
stored in the e-Banking product?
Yes, the e-Banking product stores your User ID and password.
4. When do I have access to use
With e-Banking, you have access to your account information 24 hours a
day, 7 days a week!
5. Can I look at all of my transactions
at any time?
Yes! With e-Banking, you have access to your account information 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week!
6. How frequently is my information
Our system is "on-line, real time" and your account information is updated
immediately with every new transaction that posted to your account.
7. What accounts will I be able
to access through e-Banking?
You can access your any accounts from the e-Banking service that you have
opened in the bank. Our e-Banking product is intended to give you as much
access, security, and versatility as possible.
8. How much account information
can I view at once?
The system will show the details of your selected account like current
balance, lien amount, drawing power (for loan a/cs), unclear balance (related
to clearing items), account name etc.
9. What is required to use the
All you need to use e-Banking is a Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or
above. You can use any computer that has Internet access.
10. Help I cannot login into
my account using Firefox/Netscape/Opera.
Only Microsoft Internet Explorer is supported for using e-Banking.
11. Can I create my own password
that is easy for me to remember?
Yes, after you use your assigned temporary password provided by bank to
log-in for the first time, you will be forced to change the password and
can create your own password.
12. What happens if I forget
or lose my password?
You will have to submit a written application to the Customer Service
of the branch where your account belongs. You will be charged Nrs 50/-
for issuing a new password(s).
13. How will I access e-Banking
Access to the e-Banking service will be through the link on the bank's
web page - www.everestbankltd.com or you can directly follow the link
14. Is there any charge for this
No. Currently, we offer e-Banking free for all customers in all branches.
15. What do you mean that the
transactions are "Real-Time"?
We have designed the e-Banking service in such a way that it takes your
requests and acts on them immediately. All transactions that will affect
your balance are done automatically by the system. All the balances that
are displayed to you are of that instant and would cover transactions
done by you over any of our channels.
16. How safe are my requests/transactions
You can be assured of complete privacy when you use our e-Banking facility.
We have built several checks to safeguard your e-Banking transactions.
Before you gain access to your account, you will be asked to enter your
unique customer code and 'login password' to verify your identity. To
maximize the security and confidentiality of your transactions, your password
is not accessible to anyone, not even bank employees. You will also have
to enter your 'transaction password', which should be separate from your
login password, in order to do any financial transactions or submit any
kinds of requests.
When you bank with us on the Internet, you are always
in a secure zone. To ensure the security of your transactions, we use
a technology called Secured Socket Layer (SSL), which involves scrambling
of the information between you and the Bank. If an unauthorized user tries
to access your account by keying in various combinations while trying
to guess your password, your account will automatically get locked. However,
in order to ensure complete security, please remember to log-out of e-Banking
after you have completed your transactions.
17. What kind of hardware and
software is recommended for using e-Banking more efficiently?
Hardware: You need to have at least a Pentium PC with
32 MB RAM, 2.1 GB Hard Disk Space with 500MB free space.
Software: You need to have Microsoft Internet Explorer
Version 5.5 or above.